This last week, my family and I had another opportunity to
spend a considerable amount of time without the presence of Mom at home while
she spent time with another family, helping them become more united. Usually
when Mom’s not home, we throw a party of sorts and do things that we don’t
normally get to do on an everyday basis. Although that’s all fine and dandy and
we all like it, there is always something missing when Mom is gone.
At our house, Mom is the consistent one when it comes to
getting school and chores done. But, she also is consistent in her parenting.
Even though it’s a nice break when she’s gone, we miss her consistency. It’s
what keeps us all happy. If she were to go somewhere for an extended period of
time, life would fall apart at home.
I never really realized how much she contributed to and had
a hold on my life until this year. I’ve matured enough to see how her influence
is in the home. It is strong. As I
reflected on how she has influenced me over the course of my life, I came to
love my mother with a love that I hadn’t known I possessed. I came to
appreciate her more, see what she really did for my family and me and just how
much she keeps us together. I then thought of those homes that didn’t have the
motherly love I’m so blessed with, even if there is a woman in the home. That
love of a mother or mother figure is so crucial to a growing child, especially
daughters.
A mother is a role model, whether for good or evil is up to
them. The Family: A Proclamation To The World says about mothers: “Mothers are
primarily responsible for the nurture of their children.” Loving, modern-day
prophets of God gave this short piece of advice to the world to help those
woman who may not see it as clearly as others, see their duty to themselves and
their family, whether present of future, in this life or the next. Some women
are blessed with the opportunity to be mothers to others not related to them. I
know I have many mother-like figures in my life that are not related to me and
I have learned so much from them.
My mother is my hero. She has taught me all the important
things in life and has taught me virtue and the value of it. I owe my knowledge
and devotion to Christ to her. She has been my loving mentor and guide my whole
life and I am thankful to her for all the hard work she has put into me, making
sure I had the best chance to be the best “me” I could be. She has given me
choice experiences that I could never had anywhere else or with any other person.
I know that the Good Lord blessed me with the mother I have for a reason. I
could never fulfill the mission God has for me without the guidance and wisdom
of the role model I have. I feel terribly blessed. I hope that all young women
have seen or will one day see the treasures they have in the women in their
lives. My mother has spent her life making sure I made good use of mine. I
could never be blessed with someone better to make the Daughter of God I know I
am.
Thank you, Mom. You mean more to me than you know. Even
though I’m excited to get out on my own, I’m scared to not have you with me all
the time. I’m not sure I’m all the way ready to take that step. But I know with
your help, I will be able to survive when I do
leave.
Young women and men, take the time to thank your mother for
what she does for you. Let her know that
you appreciate her and take notice of her efforts on your behalf. She does so
much more than you know. I’m only beginning to see that. And what a
life-changing revelation that is.

Wow Paije! I am so touched reading this. I think with your understanding of the value of the role of mother, you will be a wonderful mother one day. I love you! You are an inspiration to me too! Best Friends Forever! ~ Mom
ReplyDelete